Venue Type :
Melkweg has two venues within the building, the "Old Hall" and newer "The Max". The largest concert hall in the Melkweg, the Max, opened its doors at the end of 1995 and has a capacity of 1000 visitors. It is called after a drink of its main sponsor, Pepsi Cola. As the name indicates, the Old Hall is the original concert hall in the Melkweg. A rebuilding was needed in 1999 due to legal demands on sound nuisance, but to the relief of many regular visitors, the typical character of this clubroom remained in tact. Layout, finish and colour differ drastically from the Max. The new Old Hall has an enlarged capacity of 750 visitors. Simultaneous use of the Max and the Old Hall with their difference in ambience offers great possibilities for small festival- and dance-events. In 1995 DMB performed at the Old Hall and in 1998 they performed at The Max.