Venue Type :
Dave & Tim (1)
Originally built in 1931, the Adler Theatre began life as Iowa’s largest movie theatre. Before the age of multi-screened cinema complexes and cable TV, the original "RKO Orpheum" theatre premiered all of Hollywood’s major releases and hosted touring vaudeville stage performers. In 1984, the Orpheum was renovated. To keep the theatre as authentic as possible, a small remnant of the original carpeting was found and sent to England to be replicated. When the renovation was complete, the theatre was renamed in honor of the Adler family, local publishers whose newspaper had made significant contributions toward the project. Although newly recovered and renovated, the seats are still the originals.